What is Swarovski? - The Glass in all Our Jewellery
Swarovski is an Austrian producer of glass - its headquarters are in Wattens, Austria.
Swarovski has been a family-owned business since it was founded in 1895 by Daniel Swarovski.
The company is split into three major industry areas:
- Swarovski Crystal Business, that primarily produces lead glass (branded crystal) jewellery and accessories;
- Swarovski Optik, which produces optical instruments such as telescopes, telescopic sights for rifles, and binoculars;
- Tyrolit, a manufacturer of grinding, sawing, drilling, and dressing tools, as well as a supplier of tools and machines.
Today, the Swarovski Crystal Business is one of the highest grossing business units within Swarovski,
All Swarovski crystal produced since 2012 have been lead-free.
Swarovski is now run by the fifth generation of family members.
Daniel Swarovski (24 October 1862 – 23 January 1956) was a Czech-born Austrian glass cutter, jeweler, and founder of the Swarovski crystal dynasty.
He was born in northern Bohemia (now Czech Republic).
His father was a glass cutter and owned a small glass factory.
- It was there that the young Swarovski served an apprenticeship, becoming skilled in the art of glass-cutting.
In 1892, he patented an electric cutting machine that facilitated the production of lead crystal glass jewelry, which until then had to be cut by hand.
- In 1895, he immigrated to Austria and partnered with Armand Kosman and Franz Weis to form "A. Kosmann, D. Swarovski & Co."
They built a crystal-cutting factory in Wattens, Tyrol, to take advantage of local hydroelectricity for the energy-intensive grinding processes Danile Swarovski had patented.
Swarovski's Vision Was to Make:-
- "A diamond for everyone" by making crystals affordable.
Our mission with Araminta Landale:
- Is to set these beautiful and luxurious Swarovski crystals into lustrous necklaces, earrings and bracelets and make them available to friends, friends of friends and other women; just like us, who are looking for something glamorous to wear for day-to-night, evening wear, dinner-dance evenings, and those special occasions.
More Swarovski Jewellery From Araminta Landale
If you are looking for more Araminta Landale designs and want to keep updated on new styles, launches and exclusive discounts, sign up to our newsletter and receive a special discount on your first order with us.
- Araminta Landale